Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bad Bankroll Management

Oops. So I took my meager $700 roll to the $5/$10 7 card stud hi and hi/lo games at Full Tilt, simply because they were too good to pass up. Not to mention, bonus clears really well at that level, and I had $400 courtesy of a Full Tilt promotion.

Eh, well, donked through all $700 before the weekend was over and am playing on 'company money' right now. (We tend to always have a nice balance in our poker accounts to do rakeback prepayments and such). So bad bankroll management cost me.

I think Poker Stars $5/$10 game would better suit me because of the ante structure rewarding tight play. I'm a nit. The $5/$10 game at FTP has a $1 ante and $1.50 bringin. As you can imagine, if you can limp in and nobody completes, you can literally limp with just about any hand. This kills me in hi/lo because I'm still weak in that game, so limping with marginal hands end up costing me more money.

Good news is, I've got less than $100 left of bonus to clear and 2 weeks to clear it. Here's hoping I don't drop another $700 clearing that $100 bonus. :)

I've gotta say, it's interesting to play at the same tables as Keith Sexton, Cindy Violette, etc. - It also tells me that they obviously find something profitable in those tables. Maybe it's my bankroll? Hmm... I wonder if Keith and Cindy have FTP execs call them anytime I sit down at $5/$10. After last weekend, I could hardly blame them. Dinner was on me, for a LOT of players!

No comments: