Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2005

The pitfalls of multi-tabling 7 Card Stud

Play one table, make money! Play 2 tables and double it! Hmm...when much of the strategy of a particular poker game involves reading and remembering other players' porch cards, this might not be such a good idea. Especially given my wife's assessment of my memory...

I've had success playing 2 tables of 7 card stud, but tonight wasn't pretty. At one point I was -50 BB's at each. I finished the evening -$50, so I was pretty happy with that. Also cleared $20 in Absolute Poker pending bonus money, so that helped to ease the pain.

On other fronts, I'm very much looking forward to our private tournament satellite, Sunday, 1-9-05, at 2 p.m. CST. Our rake rebate program has drawn some excellent players and site members, and the social aspects of this thing are more rewarding for me than anything else...especially since it's my money sweetening the prize pool ;] Nothing like playing for the goal of only losing half the prize pool eh?

I should add a resolution to my list: By the end of 2005, I'd like to see our Absolute Addict Tournament grow into a nice private multi-table tournament with poker-strategy.org being able to add hundreds of dollars added to the prize pool ...

No comments: