Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back to my roots...

Having withdrawn the majority of our bankrolls to buy baby stuff, I'm back to nickel and diming it with about a $500 roll. While tooling around my old stomping grounds (Royal Vegas) I happened upon an active .50/$1 room. That's correct...quarters. Back when I first started playing 7 Card Stud online for real money, this room was no ante, but it's a dime ante now. It makes me wonder if I would have been able to turn the $10 no deposit bonus into $1000 a couple years ago, if they'd had that ante...

Interesting, the little twists of fate. It was after turning the $10 into $1000 that I got together with Bryan and really decided upon launching a poker tips website.

I digress. At any rate, I sat down with a gent heads up and had a very nice session. Cleaned him out twice, and finished the one hour session +25 big bets... (that looks better than + $25!) ... I think I'll play a little more at Royal. I've always had good success there and never had bonus or rakeback to inflate my earnings.

With a wife at 34 weeks and 6 days pregnant as of this posting, I'm playing for diapers!

No comments: