Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Roots Update....

Having withdrawn all by about $70 from my Royal Vegas account for baby expenses, I've doubled it again, in just 3 sessions to $147.

Why did I ever quit playing poker at Royal Vegas? (Oh yea...it was the constant reload bonuses and rakeback at Absolute Poker).

I'm seriously considering just dropping my bankroll here or another prima poker room with rakeback. One thing that I've always been proud of though, when looking back on the freebie $10 to $1000 bankroll that I built at Royal three years ago. It was completely devoid of rakeback or bonuses. I even screwed up my first time deposit, only depositing $20 for an $8 bonus when I could have deposited $100 for a $40 bonus. Doh!

Point is, a lot of "winning" players are only winners because of bonuses and comps. To grow a bankroll on strictly poker table earnings actually takes some work and study.

....that or someone at Royal likes me and is rigging the deck in my favor?

See you at the tables!

4 comments:

Gregory Damien said...

Congrats on the upcoming addition.

You made an offer regarding adspace on my blog.

What do you have in mind?

and Why me?

email: omen1c@hotmail.com

CheeseHeadPoker said...

What stakes were you playing that You doubled up so nicely at Royal?

Coach said...

Bottom barrel stakes Jim. ;]

The only active limit 7cs game at Royal is the .50/$1 ... that works fine for me though, because of my whopping $167 chips there now.

I wouldn't mind building it up to $1000 again, to mirror what I was able to do a couple years ago. Back then I built it up, sharpened my heads up game and by the time I'd found rakeback + bonus at Absolute, I starting the $2/$4 tables and Royal had a very active 7cs player base. Looks like most folks have bailed for other poker rooms though...

All it takes to build a base at a poker room is a couple of players who don't mind starting tables. The fishy's are happy to sit as long as it's not heads up. ;]

Coach said...

Omenic,

I just dropped you an email explaing what we have in mind. Hope to hear from you soon!