Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

Ahh! SNG Nirvana = FTP

I switched over to Full Tilt to play some SNG's. It's a big difference compared to the rock garden at AP. I've only got a 2 SNG test here, so it's obviously not conclusive, but I've played two 9-seat SNG's at the $10 + $1 level, and they do remind me a lot of the juicy SNG's that I used to see at Party and Royal Vegas.

I've played two, and finished #2 out of 9 both times. (I need to work on my heads up play!). It's not my results that are really making me think FTP is a better place for SNG's but rather how many players are gone after the first few levels. At AP, it wasn't uncommon for there to still be 4 or 5 players left when the blinds got up to 'crap shoot' level. The last SNG I played at FTP, the blinds hadn't even hit 100/200 yet and it was heads up between me and the eventual winner.

NLHE SNG's aren't exactly my forte, but I do expect to see positive return on investment. So far I am, but it seems like it'd be much easier and more profitable at Full Tilt.

More players = more fish? I think that is generally true.

No comments: