Pages

Friday, July 04, 2008

WSOP 2008 - Pro's Revenge? + Bankroll Update.

Bankroll is ~850 again, after withdrawing it down to under $400. Another good start to a new month. I'm liking the new FAME program at Absolute Poker. At the 7cs tables, I get points very frequently, so credits pile up quick. Still clearing bonus about the same rate, but the overall credits are good, and if I play as much as I think I can I'll probably be able to score a $100 gas card every month courtesy of AP's loyalty store.

Regarding World Series of Poker '08, I read that up to the main event, 7 out of 10 events were won by pro players. Wow. Big change from the past few years. Population at the WSOP is still very strong, but with a lot more entries from Europe I think.

I think it'll make for better TV. I had really lost interest in watching WSOP over the past couple of years, in favor of shows like Poker After Dark and High Stakes on GSN. One of the biggest draws to televised poker, IMO is the player personalities. It's like reality TV. You get hooked watching a 'character' either because you like them or hate them. Watching a bunch of no names at the poker table is interesting for some of us, but for most, watching card playing for card playing's sake is rather boring. Gotta have that storyline.

Kudos to the pros for lighting up the tables this year, and here's to some interesting WSOP on ESPN this year. Oh, and while I understand all the collusion concerns and stuff with the delayed final table, I do think it will be great for the entertainment aspect. It'll turn it more into a superbowl of poker. I think by the time the main event coverage rolled around in the past couple of years, everyone was about sick of watching from all the other events.

No comments: