Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Diamonds? Nice FAME change. AP/UB Merge soon?

Kudo's to Absolute Poker for already making a change to the tiers of their loyalty program, FAME. When they first launched, the tables that I generally play (1/2 through 3/6 stud), you earned 1 FAME for every 2 raked hands. It wasn't until 5/10 level that you earned 1 FAME point per raked hand. They've moved that down so that now you earn 1 FAME point per raked hand starting at 2/4 on up.

I got to "platinum" status in July, but it took around 100 hours which is double what I normally put in during a month. I figured ahh, no way I'll do that on a regular basis. However, with this new change, and the fact that 2/4 tables aren't totally uncommon at Absolute, makes me think that earning the monthly 2500 points required won't be too difficult. Tack on the fact that Absolute and Ultimate Bet are merging into the Cereus network this month, and I see plenty of 2/4 and 3/6 action in my future at Absolute.

Who knows? Maybe I'll hit diamond status one month. You keep that status for 3 months once you've made it, whereas the plantinum status has to be earned monthly.

No comments: