Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Poker Pet Peeves

I have two on my mind. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make a top 10 list. I'll make them brief so I don't get bored typing them, and you don't get bored reading them.

1. "Gawd I hate playing with all these idiots. I'd rather play a small game with good players than a big game with a bunch of fish!"

Wow. That's a paraphrase of a post on our no deposit bonus forum. Some goober who think's he's solid got bad beat out of a tourney (if you're decent, that will usually be how you get KO'd! That or a coin flip loss.) He wanted to let everyone know that he quit the forum because of it. His post was titled "what a joke".

This goes beyond the "table coach" peeve (which would be on my top 10). From what I understand, this guy is decent at cards. He's just an idiot when it comes to the fundamentals of winning at cards. Little does he know that "joke" he's talking about is on him.

2. All the people still screaming rigged and posting 4 month old 'news' posts regarding the super user scandals at Absolute and Ultimate Bet. Let it die already. The players who lost money to the insider cheats were all paid back, and paid back with interest at Absolute Poker! Ultimate Bet, the new ownership repaid the players who were affected, even though the scandal happened under the old owners. That's pretty classy in my book.

High dollar players have a right to be upset and untrusting of AP and UB. Everyone has a right to be upset that Absolute tried to keep things under wraps instead of dealing with the situation in an open manner. The entire poker industry has the right to be ticked at the bad press this generated and the potential fishy's who got spooked away.

My peeve is the lifetime losers who keep pounding away at this on forums and in their own heads justifying their losses with the "AP is rigged" mantra. Please, try a new mantra. Slowly, thinking deeply upon these words: I suck. I suck. I suck...ooohhmmmm. I suck. I suck...

I gave a very polite rebuttal to one of these type posters and his reply was just to tell me I was "trying to cover up for AP". Ok. Better than trying to cover up my -10 BB/100 hands with a couple of "we wuz cheatered!" posts each day, eh?

2 comments:

Quin said...

I have had the worst poker weekend I have had in a very long time.

Got bad beat after bad beat, and somehow couldn't place itm in any mtt that I played.
I have to say, that the thoughts of cheats do enter my mind when some moron calls my 5BB bet with 89o, when I have JJ Pre-flop, only to beat me with two pair 8's and 9's to throw me out the door on my face.

Oh well thats poker for you!

Coach said...

I feel your pain Maniac. I've been doing some serious reading and contemplating on a book titled "your best poker friend". It's part II in a series. The first book is "your worst poker enemy". I really need to pick that one up. Bottom line is, we are our own best friend and worst enemy at the poker table. It really digs into poker psychology.

My worst sessions, if I can stand to go back and look at them, I find that the first 30 or so big bets lost are your typical bad beats, close hands that didn't make, that sort of thing. Then there comes a point where I just start donking off chips. I'm working on learning to know when to hit the *eject* button.