Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Roller Coastin'

As many of the folks know who frequent our poker forums, I don't have near as much time to play anymore with poker site projects and a baby nearing his 1 year birthday. It tends to make for short sessions at the poker tables, and more of a "roller coaster". Poker is all about long term results, and it's hard to get "long term" when you get just a few hours a week to play!

At any rate, after clearing out a large portion of my bankroll to support Leslie's spending habits in Gatlinburg (and mine of course), I've managed to donk away another $175 or so a few nights ago. I've since made back about $100 of it with a couple of small decent sessions.

I'm starting to like the 6 handed sit n go's at Absolute Poker. Top two pay, so only 4 ppl to beat to cash, whereas with 9 person SNG's you have to see 6 people out the door to cash, and 3rd place in a 9 hander isn't as good a payoff as 2nd in a 6 hander.

Anyway... I've played two this week. Won one, and finished 2nd in the other. I should really concentrate a bit more on NLHE sng's. I used to do pretty well with them, but with limited time, have tended to just play stud.

I'd really really really like to get into MTT's. I've got enough points at most of these sites to get free entries for a good number of large guarantees. Maybe I'll post a fat win here in a month or two. Stay tuned. ;]

No comments: