Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Out in the sticks...

We're back from the aforementioned vacation. The picture from the deck of the cabin (picture is in the previous post below) is legit. That's the cabin we stayed at. I should've known to get that view you'll need a 4wd.

We videotaped the drive from the main road to the cabin, just because we were so amazed. We rarely even had a cell phone signal. We had running water and electricity though, and my parents had their doubts by the time we finally pulled up next to the cabin. To make a long story short, the last mile or so was a steep grade gravel/dirt road, and the two times we actually met someone coming the other way, we had to get out and decide which of us was to back up, since there were only a few spots that two vehicles could pass.

We had a blast though. A racoon got in our trash outside every night, and we finally caught him in the act on the last night, got pictures and everything. The little sucker was pretty tame. I suspect we're not the only inhabitants to have tossed him turkey sandwiches. :)

Regarding poker: I never hit that 2k mark, so after pulling out $1000 from the bankroll to help with the trip, I'm at ~840. Time to start working it back up for the next vacation I suppose.

2 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

What a beautiful view. I love the pretty colors of the trees! Nice blog. Thanks for the link.

Coach said...

Hi Carmen,

It was an amazing view, for sure. The company we rented through was named Amazing Views of the Smokies, and after staying in this cabin for 5 days, I can say the rental company is very aptly named.

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully as I work on this thing more, it'll get a few more comments!