Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

Spectacular 565th out of 696.

Yay. I had one of those creepy "not gonna be a good day" feelings when our final walkthrough for our house that we close on tomorrow ran over by 30 minutes and put me late for the start of WCOOP #15. Unlike Phil Hellmuth, I like to see every single hand if possible.

Upon sitting in about 30 hands into the tournament, I see that I have Gemany's top female pro, Katja Thater to my left. Hot dang.

Started decently well, hitting a flush and trips to build from ~2900 where the stack was when I arrived up to around $3300 at the early low limits. From there it went all down hill. I can't blame starting hands for sure. I got dealt AA, KK, QQ a great deal, but to save you the annoying bad beat stories, I'll just say that completing with KK, and getting raised by A5Q rainbow maniac, you expect to win some chips over time. Time just ran out too quick.

It was a wonderful table though. Two donks (TIJO and HlwdMike) were donating chips to everyone else but me. Just one of those days where the table tards bleed you dry with hands like the aforementioned A5Q rainbow vs. KK, and then donate those chips to players like Katja.

I'm looking forward to the next WCOOP. Satelliting in was pretty easy, and honestly, the table I was playing was easier than most 1/2 tables at AP. It's one of those where you expect to double or triple your money if you stay all day. Just can't do that in a tournament.... those pesky starting chip stack and limit increases, etc.

Time for a nap.

No comments: